Easy DIY Formula for the Best Potting Mix preparation for Home Gardening that helps Plants grow and produce more flowers and also the best seed starter mix. The Video is on the best All-purpose Potting mix for all your plants based on scientific concepts.
We will also make an Ideal Terrace Gardening light weight potting mixture and the best seed starting mix.
Let me start with the 3 P’s of Successful Gardening.
1. Planning your Garden
2. Potting Mix Preparation and
So, Today we will discuss on the second P of gardening, that’s Preparing the best potting Mix for your plants based on some useful scientific concepts. Please watch the video till the end. First we will discuss the Criteria for the best potting soil for your plants and then the formula or the recipe for the best all-purpose universal potting mixture for your gardening.
Well, You need to Understand this Point: Why cant I just dig up the ground and use this soil for my plants? This is because we have two major limitations of this:
1. Compaction or hardening of soil – mainly with clayey soil which can suffocate the roots.
2. Lack of Nutrients in the soil- that’s the Major NPK elements (Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium) and also the minor trace elements.
Hence, the need to prepare your own potting soil arises.
Hold on friends, some more important concepts to learn before I disclose my recipe. A few criteria you should be taking care while preparing your potting mix.
1. DRAINAGE: We all know, too much water can rot your plants. So a well draining soil that quickly drains out water within a particular duration of time is important for all plants. This is the most important criteria for growing succulents and based on this you adjust the proportions of stuff like sand, perlite and other stuff.
2. WATER RETAINING CAPACITY: This is quite opposite of the first factor. So we have to add materials in such a way that the water should neither drain out too quickly nor it should stagnate in the container.
3. NUTRIENTS: This is a very important criteria in container gardening. We have to add certain nutrients into the potting mix so that your plant can produce flowering or fruiting at right time and grows in a healthy manner.
Having said that, Now Lets Start making our Potting Mix with the best and easily available ingredients.
I am showing you two formulae: Please watch the video for these details.
If you like the video, please give a thumbs up, share the video with your friends and also write your thoughts and suggestions in the comments section below. Consider subscribing if you are new to the channel. Happy Gardening!
USEFUL MYCORRHIZE FUNGI FOR SOIL:
PERLITE and VERMICULITE IN GARDENING:
Air Pruning for Fast Growth:
EASY PLANT CLONING IN WATER:
SUBSCRIBE TO DOCTORS HEALTH TIPS CHANNEL:
(I am a medical doctor with hobby as gardening)
Free SUBSCRIBE TO Our Channel at:
CLICK NOTIFICATION BELL TO “ON” TO RECEIVE UPDATES!
Our Facebook Page:
Our Twitter URL:
Our Instagram Link:
My Friends Channel –
Please LIKE and Share your Thoughts and COMMENTS below.
Also please SUBSCRIBE to our channel with Notification Bell “Turned On” to receive notifications on new additions and activity of our channel.
Garden Tips – Gardening Channel in English –
Gardening Tips Hindi –
CHECK OUR PLAYLISTS:
My Purchased Gardening Products:
Join Our WhatsApp Group to learn from experts: Please Join Here for a small fee. After Joining, please contact us with your youtube user id and whatsapp number to be added to our Gardening Family. Contact here – (enquiries). Happy Gardening!
BECOME A PRIVILEGED MEMBER OF GARDEN TIPS CHANNEL HERE:
#gardening #gardeningtips #gardentips #gardeningideas #farming #agriculture #botany #plants #garden